Here’s a universal truth. Problems come and go regardless of our status in life.
But the good news is, it’s been shown in research that the more you make time for self-care, the better you become at problem-solving.
And not only that, you get Better productivity and Better health too!
Self-care means how you can better show up for yourself.
Remember, the healthier the tree, the better the fruit it can offer. During these challenging times, make sure to invest in self-care. Isolation, quarantines and social distancing can take a toll on our mental and emotional health which is something we also want to protect right now.
I truly believe that SELF-CARE is your superpower. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐡𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲, 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮’𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 and solve problems easily.
The best way to make and keep a self-care habit is by making it sustainable.
It means doing micro or small routines. You’ll likely to stick to it in a long time if it’s simple yet impactful self-care!
Here are some examples of self-care you can do during isolation or quarantine:
- Self-hugging. It’s free and fun and everybody can do it! Simply throw your arms and open them wide then wrap your shoulders. We all know that hugging is good for health– regardless if it’s a hug from someone or hugging yourself, it’s scientifically proven to boost your health.
- Reach out to a loved one or a friend. Talking to your friend and being a friend can be therapeutic. Remember to also develop new friendships in real life or online.
- Do a five-minute visualization while taking a shower or washing your face or brushing your teeth. Visualize all the positive things you want to attract in your life!
- Cooking is a good way to beat stress! And make sure that when you’re eating you’re mindfully savoring the food, no use of mobile phones, please!
- Write three good things that you did or feel each day. Celebrate milestones no matter how big or small.
- Self-care also means acknowledging if you’re hurt or broken. Allowing yourself to embrace the fact that we will feel a full range of emotions is an emotional and mental self-care. Sometimes we will feel sadness, just safely express yourself and pick yourself up, happiness awaits!
Consistency for self-care can be a challenge so to make it an ongoing habit, make it sustainable, at Wellnessible we always advocate for a holistic approach to health. A holistic self-care is a sustainable self-care.
Now more than ever, self-care habits are so important. So make sure to try it today. Because self-care is your superpower!